Developing a VLE on Zope is not a new idea -the Flex3 VLE has been around for a while-, but one that takes advantage of the Zope based Plone content management system is new. Also new is the focus on the entire Zope/Plone development community and the intention to extend standard Plone via plug-ins, rather than making an separate educational version of Plone.
Functionality that the sprint will address include:
- Keyword-Management for Plone (change, delete, merge keywords and update objects) (mjablonski)
- Flexible Metadata-System (needed for LOM, etc.) (mjablonski)
- Usability-Improvements (mjablonski)
- Implementation of IMS-Specifications (like ContentPackage, LOM, Learning Design, LIP, ...) native or plugable (eduzope/jensens)
- Publication listings for research papers, PhD? theses, articles, etc. (like CMFBibliography but extending it with features like DSpace)
- Relations Support in Plone -- RDF, Zope Topic Maps, Archetypes