view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
Understanding the Managed Learning Environment: what is it, and do you need one?
This is a strategic planning workshop aimed at College leaders seeking to generate business value from institution-wide information systems. The emphasis will be on the business not the technology.
Cost: £150 (plus VAT).
The workshop will provide an opportunity to work with colleagues to develop your ideas through a series of activities:
- The Holy Grail: developing your MLE vision.
- Why your MLE is not (just) your VLE or your Student Records System (and why there's so much more to it than your technology vendor may mention).
- Talking the Talk: managing change by reviewing business processes.
- Walking the Walk: managing change by winning hearts and minds.
- Balancing the idealism of your vision with a dose of realism by identifying and managing risks and costs.
- The Next Big Thing: future-proofing your technology investment and avoiding vendor lock-in.
- The Value Chain: how the MLE can support both internal and external relationships.
Date: 21 January, 2005
Venue: Brockenhurst College, Hampshire.
Event website: http://www.brock.ac.uk/sharingsuccess/event-mle.htm