view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
UNFOLD Communities of Practice meeting
The Communities of Practice meeting in Glasgow provides a unique opportunity to spend three days talking with others who are working with the IMS LD specification, and participating in practical workshops. Highlights include:
- James Dalziel of LAMS, speaking on "What do teachers want from Learning Design"
- Discussion of pedagogical vocabularies, led by Sara Currier and Laurna Cambell
- Discussion of implementing LD in institutions with contributions from Scott Wilson of CETIS, Colin Tattersall of the OUNL, and Bill Olivier, Technical Director of JISC.
- Workshop on the SLED service based player, run by Patrick McAndrew and Alex Little of the Open University UK
- A workshop on Reload and CopperCore: Beyond level A
- A parallel introductory workshop on Learning Design level A
Some of the earlier meetings have been fully booked, but at the moment there are still places available.
All are welcome, and there is no fee for attendance.
Date: from 12 October, 2005 to 24 October, 2005
Venue: Collins Building, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Event website: http://www.unfold-project.net/about_folder/events/cops/glasgowcop/
Contact email: C.Kew@bolton.ac.uk