view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
7th Educational Content SIG Meeting
The 7th EC SIG Meeting will take place at the University of Huddersfield on 6 June 2003.
Full agenda to be confirmed, but it is expected to include:
* Update on recent specification and standards body meetings, including IMS Content Packaging, Simple Sequencing and Learning Design; ADL SCORM; European standardisation body CEN/ISSS; international standardisation of content-related specifications; new IMS Interactive Content SIG, etc.
* Remote walk-through of stable Version 1 of James Dalziel/WebMCQ's learning design tool LAMS, which has been improved since we saw the beta version at the last meeting.
* Presentation/demo from Prof. Tom Boyle of London Metropolitan University, whose work with embedding good pedagogy into learning objects in Computer Science has shown increased student retention and pass rates.
* The Huddersfield Three. There are three projects based at Huddersfield University developing learning object repositories and working with the content-related specifications. We hope to hear from all of them! Includes the latest on the HLSI project, which has presented at previous EC SIG meetings.
*Plus one more from Huddersfield: Prof. Glenn Hardaker will give us a brief taster of the Learning Creativity Profile Generator which aims to generate content and learning paths in a VLE according to a learner's preferences, learning style, etc.
* Update on and demo of RELOAD, the JISC X4L project which has just released a beta version of their metadata / content packaging tool, and later this year will work on implementing IMS Simple Sequencing and Learning Design also.
E-mail Sarah Currier to book a place.
Information for delegates:
Registration 9.30am - 10.00am Start at 10.00am exactly.
Finish at 4pm.
Maps at: http://www.hud.ac.uk/uni/uk.html
Location: School Hall, Lockside Building, Queensgate Campus. See map:
http://www.hud.ac.uk/uni/campus.htm - building no. 27.
Picture of venue at:
Transport details at: http://www.hud.ac.uk/uni/ideal_location.html
Hotels in Huddersfield (these are all a short distance from the University):
Huddersfield Hotel - B&B £35-55 for one person.
33-47 Kirkgate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1QT
Tel: +44 (0) 1484 512111
Fax: +44 (0) 1484 435262
Huddersfield Central Lodge - B&B £30-£50 for one person.
Beast Market, Off Lord Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1QF
Tel: +44 (0) 1484 515551
Fax: +44 (0) 1484 435262
The George Hotel, Huddersfield - Single person room ca. £85; Continental breakfast £6.95, Full English breakfast £9.95
St Georges Square, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1JA
Tel: +44 (0) 1484 515444
Fax: +44 (0) 1484 435056
This one is a bit further away but cheaper:
Elm Crest Guest House - B&B £29.50-£35
2 Queens Road, Edgerton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 2AG
Tel: +44 (0) 1484 530990
Fax: +44 (0) 1484 516227
If you need a car parking space, please contact Paula Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th May 2003.
Date: 05 June, 2003
Venue: Huddersfield University
Contact email: email@example.com