8th CETIS Educational Content SIG Meeting
*** This meeting is now full ***
This free, all-day, workshop-style meeting will be from 10am-4pm, with registrations between 9.30-10am.
The agenda for this meeting will include:
* Reports on developments at IMS, IEEE and the Valkenburg Group (the IMS Learning Design development group)
* Report on the second CETIS Code Bash
* A presentation/demo on IMS Simple Sequencing, including an implementation, from Warwick Bailey of Cambridge University
* An update presentation/demo on the JISC X4L RELOAD project by Colin Milligan
* A mini-code bash demonstration of creating, aggregating, storing, transporting and presenting interoperable content through a content authoring tool, content packaging tool, content repository, and VLE. Charles Duncan of Intrallect, Gerry Graham of LTScotland and Colin Milligan of RELOAD will all take part.
* Discussion on the EC SIG holding a "Content Shootout" - Gerry Graham's idea for looking at real content and how it performs pedagogically as well as interoperably.
If you want to come to the CETIS Assessment SIG meeting too, please register separately with Rowin Cross at email@example.com
Both meetings will be held at the offices of Learning and Teaching Scotland, 74 Victoria Crescent Road, in the West End of Glasgow. A location map is available at http://www.ltscotland.com/resources/lts_map_glasgow.pdf. There are regular flights to Glasgow International Airport from across the
UK, with taxis to the west end and city centre from the airport costing
around £18. Trains from the south will arrive at Glasgow Central Station,
while those from the north and east will arrive at Glasgow Queen Street
Station. Taxis from both to the west end should only be about £5.
-- Accommodation in Glasgow's West End --
Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor
1-10 Grosvenor Terrace
Great Western Road
Tel: 0141 339 8811
Fax: 0141 334 0710
Jurys Glasgow Hotel
Great Western Road
Tel: 0141 334 8161
Fax: 0141 334 3846
11 Kensington Gate
Tel: 0141 334 5555
Fax: 0141 339 3828
52 Fortrose Street
Tel: 0141 334 9334
Fax: 0141 334 9334
15 Belhaven Terrace
Tel: 0141 339 3222
For details of other hotels please visit
http://visitors.seeglasgow.com/ the Scottish Tourist Board http://www.visitscotland.com/ or Lastminute.com http://www.lastminute.com/ There is also plenty of reasonably priced accommodation in Glasgow city centre which is easily accessible from the West End via the underground.
Alternatively, two Glasgow University halls of residence, Queen Margeret
Hall and Wolfson Hall, are fairly convenient and very affordable
(http://www.cvso.co.uk/accommodation.cfm), while Strathclyde University's
John Anderson Campus halls in the city centre are also cheap