view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
9th CETIS Educational Content SIG Meeting
*** This meeting is now full. Registrations are closed. Contact Sarah Currier to be put on the reserve list ***
The 9th CETIS Educational Content SIG (EC SIG) Meeting will be held on Friday 12th December 2003, at the Dept. of Computer Science, Manchester University. The meeting is free, and will start at 10am and finish at 4pm, with registrations and refreshments from 9.30-10am.
The agenda will include:
* Presentation and demo from David Balch of Oxford University's TALL Programme (Technology Assisted Lifelong Learning), where IMS Content Packaging and metadata have been implemented in their course delivery. David will walk us through the TALL workflow from author to website, involving:
- Authoring in MS Word templates
- Conversion from MS Word to XML
- Use of IMS Content Packaging in development to HTML
- Use of IMS Content Packaging in deliverables.
* Presentation/demo from Chris Pegler at the Open University on their creation and delivery of a complete Masters course (with Cambridge University) as learning objects, including metadata. This was the first course to be delivered on the UKeU platform. Lessons learned from this early experience will be shared, particularly to do with pedagogy and learning design.
* Update reports on the latest in content-related interoperability standards and specifications, including behind-the-scenes news from IMS, IEEE and the Valkenburg Group.
* Updates on the activities of the EC SIG, the CETIS FE Focus Group and the CETIS Pedagogy Forum.
* Launch of CETIS Briefing Papers on SCORM and IMS Learning Design.
The meeting will be held in Rooms Atlas 1 and 2 in the Manchester Computing building (building no. 38 on map). For maps and transport details see:
On the day, make your way to the Manchester Computing Information Point, which is the main desk on entering Manchester Computing, where you will be directed to the rooms.
Those who will require parking should contact Claudette Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5th December - alternatively you can park nearby in a multi-storey car park next to the Manchester Aquatics Centre.
If for any reason you cannot attend, please e-mail Sarah Currier as soon as possible so that someone else may be given the opportunity to attend.
Date: 12 December, 2003
Venue: Manchester Computing, University of Manchester
Contact email: email@example.com