view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
The Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference
The conference will start with a day of tutorials and workshops, followed by a three-day technical programme and finishing with a "Developers Day." The technical programme will include refereed paper presentations, alternate track presentations, plenary sessions, panels and poster sessions. Developers Day will be devoted to in-depth technical sessions designed specifically for Web developers.
The education track of the conference will cover:
- Development process, identification, reuse and granularity issues and business models for the exchange of learning objects.
- Agents and learning objects.
- Metadata specifications and standards for learning objects.
- Integrating (Web-based) multimedia in educational applications.
- (On-line) adaptation to learner's knowledge, goals, interest and learning style.
- Social, cultural and multilingual issues in Web-based learning.
- Case studies in the implementation and use of educational applications in a Web-based environment.
- Authoring of Web-based learning material.
Tutorials that may be of interest include:
- SMIL 2.0 - Interactive Multimedia on the Web.
- Adaptive Web-based Systems: Technologies and Examples.
Date: from 19 May, 2003 to 23 May, 2003
Venue: Budapest, Hungary
Event website: http://www2003.org/
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org