view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
ALT-C 2003: Communities of Practice
ALT-C 2003 is aimed at practitioners, researchers and those interested in the application of learning technology in further and higher education.
The integration of learning technology into tertiary education has led to the development of specialist interest networks to promote good practice in research and implementation. ALT-C 2003 will focus on the communities of practice growing round these networks, with the following sub-themes:
• Diversity of learning through technologies
• Learning designs
• The learners’ experience
• Inclusive approaches through technologies
• Learning, teaching and assessment strategies
• Developing learning environments.
Sessions which may be of particular interest include:
- Monday 8th September, 14:00-15:30 - WS1 Workshop: Facing the Challenges of Course Website Usability.
Tuesday 9th September, 10:00-11:00 - RP8 Research Paper: In Search of an Enterprise of Accessibility: Communities, Practices, Boundaries and Constellations.
- Tuesday 9th September, 12:00-12:30 - SP30 Short Paper: Skills for Access - Accessible Multimedia by Designers for Designers.
- Tuesday 9th September, 13:30-14:15 - WS18 45min Workshop: Supporting the development of "accessibility" practices: new and emergent roles for staff developers.
- Tuesday 9th September, 15:30-16:00 - SP54 Short Paper: Support for Dyslexic Students within the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Tuesday 9th September, 16:00-16:30 - SP55 Short Paper: Creating accessible interfaces for an e-learning environment.
- Wednesday 10th September, 10:30-11:00 - SP61 Short Paper: Inclusive learning communities: encouraging accessible practice in course design through staff development.
Date: from 07 September, 2003 to 09 September, 2003
Venue: University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England
Event website: http://www.shef.ac.uk/alt/index.htm
Contact email: ALT-C2003@sheffield.ac.uk