view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
Assistive Technology and Accessible Media in Higher Education - Sixth Annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference
The Accessing Higher Ground Conference focuses on the implementation and benefits of Assistive Technology in the university and college setting. Other topics include legal and policy issues, and making media and information resources (such as web pages and library resources) accessible.
Sessions which may be of interest include:
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 9:45-12:00 - Implementing 508 in the University Environment by Doug Wakefield of the U.S. Access Board.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 9:45-11:15 - Accessible Flash Techniques by Bob Regan of Macromedia.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 9:45-12:00 - Lab Session: Tips for Trainers: Incorporating Accessiblity Tips into Common Applications.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 9:45-12:00 - Lab Session: Accessible Web-CT byt Nicole Coleman of University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 13:15-14:15 - Microsoft Office Accessible Web Publishing Wizard by Jon Gunderson of UIUC.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 13:15-16:30 - Lab Session: HTML Accessibility with Macromedia Dreamweaver and Macromedia Contribute by Bob Regan of Macromedia.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 13:15-15:15 - Lab Session: Delivering Accessible PDF Documents with Adobe Applications by Sean Keegan from High Tech Center Training Unit.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 15:45-16:45 - Adaptive Content Delivery to Assist Blind Students in Accessing Course Materials by Kasim Selcuk Candan and Mehmet Emin Donderler of Arizona State University.
- Thursday 13 November 2003, 15:45-16:45 - Consideration of the Legal Responsibility for 504 and the ADA for Adaptive Technology by David Dunbar and Tom Rock from U.S. Department of Education.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 07:45-10:00 - Lab Session: Accessibility Using Dream Weaver by Nicole Coleman of University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 09:00-10:00 - Creating a Web Accessibility Policy: Voices from the Field by Scott Standifer and Diana Ratliff of the University of Missouri.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 09:00-10:00 - Blackboard: A Study in Accessibility and Usability by EASI.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 10:15-11:15 - Accessble Practices when using Cascading Style Sheets by John Slatin of the University of Texax at Austin and Jim Allan at the Texas School for the Blind and VI.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 14:15-15:45 - How to Code Accessible HTML Data Tables by Alan Cantor of Cantor Associates Inc.
- Friday 14 November 2003, 14:15-15:15 - Making Powerpoint Presentations both Onsite and Online Accessible by Norm Coombs and Dick Banks of EASI.
Cost: Between US$140 and US$650.
Date: from 11 November, 2003 to 14 November, 2003
Venue: Boulder Campus, University of Colorado, USA
Event website: http://www.colorado.edu/sacs/ATconference/
Contact email: email@example.com