WONDER (Widening Opportunities in Educational Resources) Conference
This is a one-day event aimed at promoting discussion and information exchange among local groups of disabled people, businesses and further education establishments. It is hoped that the day will form the beginning of a close-knit network of such groups, providing information and support to each other.
Aims of the day:
· Gain information on services and equipment available to assist students with disabilities.
· Become more aware of disability issues.
· Become more aware of the needs of people with disabilities.
· Learn how to use access technology and produce accessible information.
· Gain an idea of different people’s perspectives.
· Get to know new people who might be able to offer help and support.
Who should attend:
This event is designed in particular for:
· People working with disabled students.
· Students with disabilities.
· Representatives from local disability organisations.
· Representatives from local businesses employing, or considering employing, people with disabilities.
· Other interested parties.
For further information, please contact:
Elvira Haeussler, WONDER 2 Project, Dewsbury College, Halifax Road, Dewsbury, WF13 2AS.