Fifth CETIS-TechDis Accessibility Special Interest Group (SIG) Partnership Meeting
The Fifth CETIS-TechDis Accessibility Special Interest Group (SIG) Partnership Meeting will cover a number of issues relating to accessibility and e-learning in the Further and Higher Education environment.
The agenda will include:
- E-Learning Accessibility Specifications - A very brief overview and introduction to the current accessibility specifications available for e-learning.
- The X4L Programme and Accessibility Metadata – This session will briefly describe JISC’s (Joint Information Systems Committee) X4L (eXchange for Learning) Programme, Coleg Llandrillo’s X4L “Devising Learning Objects for Use with Literature On-Line Information Services from JISC” and accessibility metadata within X4L.
- The MEDIA Project: An Initial Study of Computer-Based Media Effects on Learners who Have Dyslexia – This study of the effects of computer-based media on dyslexic learners looked at whether different media combinations could affect a learner’s understanding and produced some surprising results.
- Mobility Support for Visually Impaired Web Users – Some of the findings of a PhD project into travel on the web for visually impaired users will be presented. The PhD will also include a tool to increase mobility within a web page.
- Discussion - There will also be time for a discussion session.
If you would like to attend, please visit http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/accessibility/registration/nextMeeting and complete the registration form (link located near the bottom of the page).
There is no charge for attending the meeting and lunch will be provided.