view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
Fifth CETIS-TechDis Accessibility Special Interest Group (SIG) Partnership Meeting
Rescheduled from 27th March, the Fifth CETIS-TechDis Accessibility Special Interest Group (SIG) Partnership Meeting will cover a number of issues relating to accessibility and e-learning in the Further and Higher Education environment.
The agenda will include:
- E-Learning Accessibility Specifications - A very brief overview and introduction to the current accessibility specifications available for e-learning.
- The X4L Programme and Accessibility Metadata – This session will briefly describe JISC’s (Joint Information Systems Committee) X4L (eXchange for Learning) Programme, Coleg Llandrillo’s X4L “Devising Learning Objects for Use with Literature On-Line Information Services from JISC” and accessibility metadata within X4L.
- The MEDIA Project: An Initial Study of Computer-Based Media Effects on Learners who Have Dyslexia – This study of the effects of computer-based media on dyslexic learners looked at whether different media combinations could affect a learner’s understanding and produced some surprising results.
- Mobility Support for Visually Impaired Web Users – This PhD project introduces a semi-automated tool, DANTE, which encodes techniques for the support of movement around the Web pages. The main goal of DANTE is to analyse Web pages to identify objects that support movement, discover their roles, annotate them and transform pages based on these annotations to enhance the provided movement support. In this talk, we will introduce DANTE and the underlying groundwork.
- Discussion and Feedback - RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind) discussion regarding the use of technology in learning.
- Discussion - There will also be time for a discussion session.
If you would like to attend, please visit http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/accessibility/registration/nextMeeting and complete the registration form (link located near the bottom of the page).
There is no charge for attending the meeting and lunch will be provided.
Date: 12 March, 2004
Venue: University of Wales Bangor, Bangor, Wales.
Event website: http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/accessibility/registration/nextMeeting
Contact email: email@example.com