Live Satellite Broadcast - "Untangling the Web: Making Online Teaching and Learning Accessible"
A satellite broadcast by the University of Maryland University College on the implications of accessibility for online education (video streaming is also available).
The broadcast will take place between 14:30-16:00 ET and will take the form of a moderated panel discussion with call-in questions from participants.
The programme will cover:
- How students with disabilities navigate the Web, and how inaccessible course content impacts the work of faculty and staff.
- How to address accessibility problems posed by courseware, course management systems, multimedia, and use of audio and video in
- What kind of collaborative models have been developed to help faculty and staff meet the challenge of online accessibility.
- How to develop institutional coordination policies in your campus or organization.
- What faculty and staff development programs can do to enhance understanding of disability and technology.
- What role good teaching plays in improving online accessibility.
- How Universal Design and Universal Design for Instruction can inform the process of ensuring online accessibility.
Cost: $275-$350 (around £152-£193).