view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
Joint CETIS Pedagogy Forum and Accessibility SIG Meeting
A joint meeting for the Pedagogy Forum and Accessibility SIG with the theme of accessibility and pedagogy.
There is no charge for attending the meeting and lunch will be provided.
The agenda will include:
- Dyslexia Friendly: User Friendly (An Inclusive Approach to Accessible Learning Materials) - Pete Rainger, Key2Access Ltd. How to develop an inclusive approach to the design, development and adaptation of e-learning and printed learning materials.
- Building on the Standards - Lawrie Phipps, TechDis. Approaches to e-learning and disability and how learning for disabled students is supported through the application of e-learning standards.
- Pedagogy Before Technology - Tony Toole, Coleg Sir Gar. Technology is a useful tool but it can be a barrier if it is not embedded in the pedagogy. Examples of inclusive design will also be given.
- Pedagogy and Accessibility - Mark Stiles, Staffordshire University. Embedding issues around pedagogy and accessibility (both linked and separately) in work on policy, quality assurance regulations as part of trying to achieve institutional practice and cultural change.
- Discussion. Discussion around issues raised during the day.
If you would like to attend, please complete the Registration Form (this link will take you to the CETIS Pedagogy site for registration).
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Accessibility SIG Co-ordinator or the Pedagogy Forum Co-ordinator.
Date: 23 May, 2005
Venue: Oswalds, University of Wales Bangor, Wales.
Event website: http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/pedagogy/articles/Accessibility230505/
Contact email: email@example.com