view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
Accessible Design in the Digital World
This conference will explore inclusive design in the real world and the challenges in implementing guidelines and meeting legal responsibilities.
Sessions which may be of particular interest include:
- Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 09:00-12:00 - "Practical Accessibility in eLearning: Decisions, Dilemmas and Discussions for Educators" - C Colwell, M Cooper & M Taylor, Open University.
- Tuesday 23rd August 2005 - 13:00-16:00 - "Meeting the Diversity of Needs and Preferences: A Look at the IMS AccessForAll Specifications' Role in Meeting the Accessibility Agenda Efficiently" - M Cooper (Open University), Wendy Porch (University of Toronto), and Andy Heath (Sheffield Hallam University).
- Wednesday 24th August 2005 - 14:30-15:30 - "Web Standards in Local Government: the Clackmannanshire Experience" - D Champion (Clackmannanshire Council).
- Thursday 25th August 2005 - 10:00-11:00 - "Design Checks for Java Accessibility" - S Harper, G Khan, and R Stevens (University of Manchesterl).
- Thursday 25th August 2005 - 11:30-12:30 - Panel Session: "Legislation? Standards? How do we Tell People to Design Technology that Supports Inclusion?" - Panel Members: S Beesley (Disability Rights Commission), J Byrne (Guild of Accessible Web Designers), J Richards (IBM T J Watson Research Center), P Larvie (Yahoo Inc), and M Sloan (Brodies LLP).
Date: from 23 August, 2005 to 25 August, 2005
Venue: Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, Dundee, Scotland
Event website: http://www.accessinthedigitalworld.org/2005/default.asp
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org