alt-i-lab (Advancing Learning Technology Interoperability)2005 includes working sessions, demonstrations and exchange of e-learning technology.
The following session may be of particular interest:
- Thursday, 23 June, 13:00-17:00, Accessibility and e-Learning Workshop.
"This workshop will provide a state of practice overview of how to make elearning materials more accessible and will include demonstrations of available tools, best practice, forecast of standards efforts, and Q&A.
- Accessibility and eLearning - An Introduction and Current Issues;
- IMS AccessForAll Specifications;
- Vocabularies and ISO work;
- Use with IEEE Learning Object Metadata Standard;
- Blended Learning;
- Accessibility Properties and Automated Tools using EARL;
- Vocabulary Management Tools, IMS VDEX Specification and Accessibility;
- Accessibility for Learner Information with Learner Portfolios.
The workshop will look at how the IMS work on AccessForAll Specification's Meta-data and Learner Information can be used in a UK and multi-language context. This will include work on how vocabularies and vocabulary tools can be used to provide some cultural and language independence and integration with blended learning contexts.
- Andy Heath, Sheffield Hallam University;
- Barry Kruger, British Educational Communications and Technology Agency;
- David Weinkauf, Assistive Technology Resource Center, University of Toronto;
- Fiona Henry, Loughborough College;
- Martyn Cooper, The Open University UK.
Organizer: Andy Heath, Sheffield Hallam University; member IMS Accessibility Team; co-chair IMS ePortfolio Team; founder CEN-ISSS Learning Technologies Workshop Accessibility Properties for Learning Resources, co-editor ISO IEC JTC1 SC36 Individualized
Adaptability and Accessibility in E-learning, Education and Training, Convenor BSI IST/43/-/5 (developing a British Standard for Technical Accessibility of eLearning systems and content."
Further information and registration details are available from: http://www.divacreative.com/workshops (workshop registration closes on Friday, 17 June).
Cost: £50 (excluding VAT at 17.5%) to cover meeting materials, facilities, and food. Lunch is provided with all workshops.