view printer-friendly version (opens in new window)
ALT-C 2005: Exploring the Frontiers of e-Learning - Borders, Outposts and Migration
The ALT-C Conference has a number of themes relating to the e-learning - including: Architectures and Infrastructures, Collaboration, Design and Development, and Implementation.
Sessions which may be of particular interest include:
- Tuesday 6th September, 16:00-17:30 - Demonstration No. 391: Disability - a view into the unknown by John Rousell.
- Wednesday 7th September, 09:00-10:30 - Short Paper No. 532: A Systematic Approach to Mobile Accessiblity by Robert Dodd, Elaine Pearson, and Steve Green.
- Wednesday 7th September, 11:00-12:30 - Short Paper No. 589: Does Streaming of Lectures Result in Empty Seats by Paul Russell and Karen Matttick.
- Wednesday 7th September, 13:30-14:30 - Research Paper No. 400: On-Demand Internet-Transmitted Lecture Recordings: Attempting to Enhance and Support the Lecture Experience by Jocasta Williams and Michael Fardon.
- Wednesday 7th September, 14:30-15:30 - Poster No. 541: The Flexible Lecture: Using Digital Technology to Widen Participation by Tony Koppi and Elaine Pearson.
- Wednesday 7th September, 14:30-15:30 - Poster No. 512: User Centered Design Cycle in e-Learning by Stella Lee and David Powell.
- Wednesday 7th September, 14:30-15:30 - Poster No. 633: Designing Inclusive Online Learning Activities by Emma Bradburn and Elaine Pearson.
- Thursday 8th September, 09:00-10:00 - Short Paper No. 381: Implementing a Holistic Approach to e-Learning Accessibility by Brian Kelly, Lawrie Phipps, and Caro Howell.
- Thursday 8th September, 09:00-10:00 - Short Paper No. 554: Overcoming Barriers to e-Learning for Students with Severe Disabilities by Claire Stockton, Elaine Pearson, and Steve Green.
Date: from 05 September, 2005 to 08 September, 2005
Venue: University of Manchester, Manchester, England.
Event website: http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2005/index.html
Contact email: email@example.com