Joint CETIS EC and Accessibility SIG Meeting
The next CETIS EC (Educational Content) and Accessibility SIG (Special Interest Group) meetings will be held jointly and will have the theme of mobile learning.
The meeting is free to attend and includes lunch and refreshments. Anyone is welcome and if you would like to attend, please complete the Registration Form.
The agenda will include:
- Title to be confirmed - John Sewell, TechDis.
- JISC and Mobile and Wireless Learning: Innovative Practice with e-Learning Guide - Sarah Knight, JISC (Joint Information Systems Committee).
Sarah will be talking about the JISC Innovative Practice with e-Learning Guide, which contains advice and guidance on the use of mobile and wireless technologies together with examples of practice from across post-16 and higher education.
- Landscape Study on the Use of Mobile and Wireless Technologies - Agnes Kukulska-Hulme, Open University, and John Traxler, Wolverhampton University.
An overview of the JISC Landscape Study by two of the study's authors, which examined the developments in and use of mobile and wireless technologies in e-learning.
- The m-Learning Project - Geoff Stead and Jo Colley, CTAD (Cambridge Training and Development Ltd).
The m-Learning Project (select m-Learning from the menu on the right) is looking at developing prototypes to provide information and learning modules using mobile technology.
- Accessibility and m-Learning - Pete Rainger, Key2Access Ltd.
Pete will talk about the accessibility issues of mobile learning technology, such as PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants).
- Designing for Formal, Non-Formal and Informal m-Learning - John Cook, Claire Bradley, and Richard Haynes, London Metropolitan University.
An overview of two case studies that addressed the question "Can rich interactive multimedia learning experiences be created for adults to use on a PDA?" and a demonstration of the m-Learning involved. The talk will conclude with a quick look at planned projects.
Discussion around issues raised during the day.